Here are some steps that you can take to reduce your exposure to indoor pollutants in the bedroom.
- If you are in the market for new furniture, make sure that it contains certified "green" or low-emission components.
- Get some plants! Plants help to filter the off-gassing and air pollutants that occur inside a home.
- Open the windows and get some fresh air.
- Get rid of your artificial air fresheners – they should be named air pollutants! Instead, use pure essential oils! (hint: the artificial air fresheners that claim they are made of essential oils are just as harmful to your health as any other artificial scent.)
- Get some air purifiers. These don’t have to be expensive. There are some great electric ones on the market that don’t cost too much.