20-YEAR LIMITED MATTRESS WARRANTY
Beginning on the date of purchase, your new My Green Mattress® is covered by a limited 20-year warranty. The warranty extends to the original purchaser of the mattress and extends to all mattresses purchased directly from My Green Mattress.
My Green Mattress warranties any mattress for a period of 20 years against defects (outlined below). If your mattress has a defect covered under warranty, My Green Mattress will provide you with a replacement mattress, of the same model and size of the original mattress. Please note that replacement mattresses will be constructed in the current style and fashion of that model. If your mattress model has been discontinued or changed since your initial purchase, the current model or comparable will be offered as replacement.
*Mattresses are handcrafted, sizes can vary. We use standard size materials but due to roll pack and shipping, sizes are subject to slight variations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUYER
Warranties begin at the time of purchase, when the mattress is used normally for its intended purposes and on a flat, solid surface or slatted bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and user(s).
A proper bed frame is defined, for the purpose of this warranty, as having at minimum 4 sturdy leg supports at the mattress corners, along with at least one center support beam with support leg for queen, king, and California king sizes. For open-slatted style bed frames, there cannot be greater than 3.5 inches between each slat in order to provide ample structural support for the foundation and user(s).
For all mattresses that are packaged in a compressed and rolled manner for shipment purposes, the warranty is valid only if the package was opened within two weeks of receiving the mattress to prevent compression for an extended period of time.
- Mattresses must be opened within this two-week period or the warranty is void.
My Green Mattress makes no claims that the mattresses sold will cure any ailments or conditions, and warranty claims will not be covered based on changes in comfort over time.
In the event that a replacement mattress is sent, My Green Mattress will ask that you donate the used mattress to charity to help repurpose the mattress for someone in need. You will be required to provide a written receipt or proof of donation of the original, defective mattress, from a legitimate organization, before any replacement mattress or refunds will be issued. In the event that mattress donation is not available in your area or the mattress is not in a condition deemed suitable for donation, you may be required to dispose of the mattress and provide proof of the disposal/discarding by means of photos. When donated, the mattress no longer carries a warranty for the recipient.
DEFECTS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
- Any visible indentation equal or greater than 1.5 inches (3/4 of an inch for crib mattresses) that is not associated with or resulting from an improper or unsupportive foundation or one that is not designed or constructed to handle the combined weight of the foundation and its intended users. The indentation must be visible to the naked eye when no weight is applied to the top of the mattress. Use of an improper or defective base will result in voided warranty.
- Structural issues with the coils, resulting in an uneven sleep surface or visible coils.
- Any tearing of fabric or stitching issues NOT caused by improper use.
THIS MATTRESS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Normal wear and tear or any condition resulting from misuse or abuse of the mattress or failure to keep the mattress clean and free of stains and potentially unsanitary conditions.
- A normal increase in softness due to normal usage.
- A change in comfort preference. The mattress will change in feel over time, especially with advanced age, however personal comfort preference that changes over years of use will not be considered a defect of the mattress.
- Mold, odors, and/or discoloration caused by abnormal care including, but not limited to liquid spills, improper ventilation including, but not limited to humid climates and/or areas where the mattress is exposed to excessive water or humidity.
- Damage associated with an improper mattress support (bed frame, platform bed, etc.) as determined by My Green Mattress.
- Cosmetic imperfections that do not prevent ordinary use mattress within reason. My Green Mattress products are handcrafted and will not necessarily present with perfectly straight edges or symmetry, especially after years of regular use. Such issues will not be covered by warranty.
- Natural odors caused by the all-natural, untreated materials used in the handcrafting of the mattress(es) is not covered by warranty. It is to be expected that there will be present some level of natural odor, which may or may not completely dissipate over time. Fluctuations in air temperature and humidity can cause odors to increase or present at any time and are not within the control of My Green Mattress.
- Issues that arise due to mishandling, misuse, or neglect. Occurrence of such behavior as evident by any of the following will void your warranty: (a) any unsanitary condition; (b) burns; (c) use of improper bed frame; (d) rips, tears or other damage caused by deliberate means; (e) attempting to clean the mattress in an inappropriate manner; and (f) improper storage of the mattress (including storage in damp locations, areas infested with insects or rodents, or any other unprotected storage areas); and (g) purchase from resellers who are not authorized retailers.
10-YEAR COVERAGE OF MANUFACTURER DEFECTS, NON-PRORATED
For the first 10 years, My Green Mattress will not charge purchaser to repair or replace purchaser’s mattress if it qualifies under warranty. This period is non-prorated which means that My Green Mattress does not charge a percentage of the repair costs or replacement product based on the amount of time you slept on the mattress prior to noticing a defect.
YEARS 11-20, PRORATED
In years 11 through 20, My Green Mattress will, at the seller’s discretion, replace the mattress at a prorated charge to the purchaser in addition to applicable transportation and/or shipping charges. The prorated replacement charged will be dependent on the year that the mattress is replaced.
If the mattress is to be replaced during year 11 due to issues covered by warranty, My Green Mattress will offer a 50% discount off of current listed MSRP on MyGreenMattress.com at the time of replacement. For any mattress in years 12 through 20, mattresses assessed by My Green Mattress and determined to have manufacturer defects will be replaced at a decreasing discount of 5% for every year (45% discount in year 12, 40% discount in year 13, etc.)
FILE A CLAIM
To make a valid claim under warranty, submit the form above. Please include a brief description of the defect and how it is affecting the performance of your mattress.
You must also provide:
- Your original order confirmation number.
- A picture of the law tag showing that it remains on the bed and has not been altered.
- Pictures of the defect as well as the entire mattress surface, showing that there are no visible stains or soils (warranties are void when stains are present).
- In cases of surface body indentations, pictures are required using a straight edge placed across the problem area, using a yard stick or tape measure to show the depth of the indentation.