For this recipe, you’ll need the following:
- A handful of pea tendrils (or pea shoots) if you can get them. If you’re looking, don’t go to Whole Foods in El Segundo, they’re not there.
- 1 lb fresh, organic garden peas in the pod
- 2 organic heirloom carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 springs of mint, (about 10 leaves), julienned
- salt pepper
- Remove the peas from their pods, rinse and set aside.
- Rinse and julienne mint leaves.
- Rinse and grate carrots.
- Zest the lemon (be careful to only scrape off the top layer, the white part of the rind is very sour)
- Mix the zest with juice of 1/2 the lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Emulsify with olive oil